The Wannabe Literati.

I think I'm ready, ready for it. [updated]

Earlier this week I published my first post, which was actually just an excuse to brag about my recent book acquisitions (hehe). I noticed that my blog was a tad too unfriendly on the eyes, so I decided to do a total blog overhaul. Two three days later1, the blog's better-looking, and my mother has threatened to have the internet connection cut off if she catches me on the PC at four in the morning again. I'm still working on some minor modifications, but so far everything's working. I'm so proud, I forgave myself for missing out on two days of my Insanity and Hip Hop Abs workouts.

I've been busy reading three books this week and I'm almost finished with one of them2. (I'm not saying which one, but it's the book in the photo. 500 points if you can guess it.) I had a few dull moments the previous days; one time I caught myself reading the same line over and over again. It's during one of these moments that I - unconsciously, unwittingly, unknowingly - created the best invention in the history of all mankind: an unobtrusive bookmark made out of a Post-it. I folded one here and there and came up with a triangle-insert thingy to mark my last-read pages. I didn't even use glue (the triangle was folded so that the adhesive part of the Post-it sealed itself shut).

I'm so smart. Meh.

Now to post them reviews and interviews.

PS. Additional 1000 points if you can guess where the post title is from.



Update 1. The jQuery featured posts widget was just bonkers. It took me a day and a half to figure out how to make it function properly, which prompted this tweet.

Update 2. I actually finished it today. I'm still not telling what book it is, but I'll be reviewing it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all.

- Mark Twain

 
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | The Wannabe Literati.